Legal Counsel - SEGL - Beijing - 20180518001
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Tasks
1. Assisting the Head of Legal and the China Legal Team in managing the GBIS business in China, including but not limited to:
a. Preparing and reviewing of legal documentation concerning (i) trade financing, receivables financing, asset financing, project financing, acquisition financing and other secured and unsecured loan facilities; and (ii) global transaction and payment services matters (including cash management, cash pooling and supply chain financing activities);
b. Providing legal advice and guidance for launching new products and BAU activities;
c. Developing, reviewing and updating template documents for business needs;
d. Providing regular training to business lines and the relevant support functions;
e. Working with the Head of Legal to develop and implement legal policies, guidelines and procedures;
f. Advising colleagues working at foreign offices or other functions in relation to PRC law; and
g. Assisting colleagues from other offices with cross-border related transactions;
2. Assisting the Head of Legal in managing the following:
a. reporting exercises to Paris (including the regulatory watch for APAC, the significant facts reporting and the legal reporting tool); and
b. performing permanent supervision within the legal department;
3. Advising on the legal aspects with human resources matters or employment law issues;
4. Advising on the legal aspects and the coordination of outsourcing, offshoring and material service or supply arrangements;
5. Advising on the legal aspects and the coordination of client and employee data related matters;
6. Working on any other projects assigned by the Head of Legal; and
7. Participating in meetings and committees as instructed by the Head of Legal, including the new products committee.
Academic Background (degree and major)
Law Degree from a reputable law school. Legally qualified (PRC law)
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Knowhow
Legally qualified in the PRC with approximately 5-7 years' experience in major banks as legal counsel or in reputable law firms (corporate or banking teams).
Skills & Competencies
Good communication and interpersonal skills, integrity, ability to work independently and strong team spirit.
Fluent in English and Mandarin. Ability to draft legal documentation in both Chinese and English.
Creativity, team spirit and commitment
Initiative and the ability to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures