Senior Manager/Manager- Legal Entity Control Group, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Management Service (Shanghai) Ltd. (MSMSS) is a subsidy wholly owned by Morgan Stanley in Shanghai, China. It provides supporting services, including IT solution, legal and compliance, finance management, human resources, corporate services etc., to Morgan Stanley affiliates in China and globally. MSMSS provides a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and has over 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
We are currently looking for Senior Manager to our Legal Entity Control Group (LECG).
The LECG is responsible for legal entity governance, control and reporting. This Senior Manager role has a focus on, but is not limited to, preparation of financial statements, legal entity controls and guardianship, monthly closing of books and records, analytics, statutory audit matters and also working on initiatives in the legal entity control space as and when required.
- Oversee legal entity and financial controls and guardianship
- Manage local and Morgan Stanley Group financial accounting and reporting
- Ensure compliance of the applicable Accounting Standards and regulatory rules and regulations as well as Morgan Stanley's internal policies and requirements
- Manage statutory audits, annual inspection and regulatory filings
- Provide Finance support to Business Units and Senior Management, and advice on new business initiatives and projects
- Keep frequent communication with other MS internal teams for requests relevant to China legal entities
- Potentially people management responsibilities
- 8 to 10 years of experience with sizable audit and/or financial industry enterprises, with at least 3 years in managerial role of a professional team.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Putonghua and able to interact well with others at all levels internally and externally.
- Strong knowledge in China GAAP. Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage.
- Detail oriented, high accuracy with integrity with good analytical mind
- Experience to execute projects and strategic initiatives.
- Strong managerial, interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- A proactive, self-motivated and dynamic person
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or related field
- Qualification from recognized accounting body, CICPA and AICPA preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills of Chinese and English