Richemont owns several of the world's leading companies in the field of luxury goods, with particular strengths in jewellery, luxury watches and writing instruments.
Our Maisons encompass several of the most prestigious names in the luxury industry including Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Piaget, Vacheron Constantin, Jaeger-LeCoultre, IWC, Panerai and Montblanc.
CHINA TAX TEAM
Tax Team is responsible on the tax strategy, compliance & risk mitigation for Richemont’s Entities & Retail Branches across China. In addition, we also handle the tax filing, reporting, including high volume tax transaction processing work such as monthly / annual tax declaration, VAT Invoices management, Tourist VAT Refund Scheme, and Golden Tax 3 related submission requirements.
In a fast changing regulatory and technical environment, the China tax team also has the vision to deploy tax technology (such as Robotic Process Automation and Big-Data Analysis) to support our rapid business expansion & enhance efficacy or our tax work.
This is a role to support the tax management work of Senior Tax Manager who reports into the China CFO.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Tax Technology Driver
With the increasing digitization of the business and regulatory landscape (e.g. use of Golden Tax 3 system), we are looking for a tax professional to drive the usage of tax technology in our tax compliance and high volume tax processing work.
- Monitor ongoing tax regulatory changes & Big-Data environment impact on how we mitigate tax risks, enhance compliance, and how we design processes and use technology in an effective and efficient manner
2. In-house tax advisory
- Support the Senior Tax Manager to provide in-house tax advice on Corporate Income Taxes, Indirect Taxes & regulatory enquiries.
- This role is also expected to be conversant with delivering Tax Compliant solutions relating to company’s business across different channels including physical boutiques retailing, wholesale, e-Commerce and Omni Channel.
- Liaison with local tax authorities relating to the above..
3. Transfer pricing support
- Support the Senior Tax Manager work with Group Tax/external tax advisory firm to handle cross-border & domestic Transfer Pricing matters, including TP Documentation preparation and implementation.
JOB PROFILE (FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSE ONLY)
Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor degree from a reputable university;
Registered Tax Agent / CICPA or equivalent
- Over 7 years working experience in tax, including at least 2 years at Managerial level in Tax Advisory services in tax professional firm.
- Tax technology experience is preferred, such as RPA, tax risk management system, in particular, working knowledge of Golden Tax System 3.
- Solid experience on retail / commercial sector tax advisory/services
Ability to drive and work with technology;
Good understanding of tax issues in retail industry & and e-Commerce, preferably but not necessarily luxury; additional knowledge of wholesale distribution will also be a plus;
Good knowledge of corporate tax with in-depth experience of dealing VAT filing and tax invoices management;
Project management & communication skills
Excellent English language skills, both written and oral.
Strong team player and ability to fit into our company culture and environment
Self-starter with strong sense of ownership; minimal supervision