Finance Manager - Corporate Finance / Accounting - Beijing -
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job Summary / Job Purpose
This position mainly assists the Manager to supervise the daily tax operation for all the China entities of the Bank and closely work with China Finance / Regional Tax and internal business operations. At the same time, this position shall have the flexibility/capacity to back up other Finance tasks (e.g., FPA, reporting etc). This position will report to the senior finance manager overall in charge of FPA and Tax team.
Main Responsibilities /Accountabilities / Tasks
- Monitor taxation process (tax calculation, accounting, declaration, filing, etc.) of the bank and update related procedures if needed;
- Keep close eyes and frequently communicate on changes of accounting standard and tax regulations, lead / coordinate related teams to react on the changes which have impact on the Bank;
- Ensure tax compliance according to PRC tax regulations for all kinds of corporate taxes as well as TP principle applied in related–party transactions;
- Review of the pricing for related party agreements and coordinate KPMG to prepare the TP Documentation Reports.
- Identify tax risks and minimize tax cost of the bank;
- Assist in strategic tax planning of the bank and monitor the changes of its tax position in the future;
- Liaise with internal business operations on tax issues and disputes;
- Manage tax audits and tax queries raised by external tax authorities;
- Supervise team member performance, provide timely / effective feedback and ensure work efficiency;
- Declare internal operational controls and follow up anomalies on due time;
- Support management and business line on tax efficiency assurance and new business / new products development;
- Assist manager in financial accounting and reporting related controls;
- Assist manager in supervising the cash payment / receiving regarding to related party transactions from both TP and FPA perspective;
- Assist manager in financial performance management and result analysis, including dashboards / reports preparation / analysis / presentation, answering enquiries from business lines / other departments on the financial results, annual budget and rolling forecast, improving quality of FPA deliverables, etc.;
- Other day to day tax–related matters and financial accounting & reporting related assignments or ad–hoc projects delegated by manager;
- Comply with Code of Conduct as well as other applicable laws and local regulations, internal policies, compliance rules and procedures (including but without limitation to those requirements from the aspects of Anti–money laundering, know your client, anti–fraud, data protection etc.);
- Take responsibility to report any incidents, suspicious and fraud cases according to bank incident report mechanism/whistle blowing/ escalation requirement immediately. Maintain a high level of personal integrity and uphold the bank's ethical standard both in professional activities and personal conduct.
Academic Background (degree and major)
Bachelor's degree majoring in Accounting, Tax or Finance
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how
8 years or above relevant experience in the field of tax and financial analysis in bank industry or an MNC.
Skills & Competencies
Quick learner, Meticulous, Result orientated, and able to work under pressur
Detailed oriented, hands on and can–do attitude as well as people management skills are expected for this role
Ability to think creatively, work efficiently and multi–tasking
Ability to adapt to complex and constantly changing, fast paced, highly demanding internal and external environments is a must for performing this job successfully
In depth knowledge and experience of both tax and accounting
Strong financial analytic skills and ability to exercise a high degree of independent and professional judgement for tax review / advisory
Strong communication skill and ability to manage the relationships with tax officials, external advisors and other departments
Good command of Business English in both writing and speaking
Strong skills in MS Office, good at Excel and Power point
(if applicable) CPA or CTA qualification is a plus