To ensure the efficient and effective management of school finances and to provide accurate timely management of official and management accounts, including but not limited to budgeting, month-end and yearly closing, cash flow control, inventory and fixed asset management.
Line Manager, Regional Office
KEY RESULT AREA
• Ensure the accuracy of regulatory reporting and the compliance of relevant rules and regulations under local and group requirements.
• Work closely and support the management to provide qualitative inputs on strategic planning and execution.
• Perform the duty of a company secretary.
• Build a strong relationship with other parties, internal and external
• Lead the team to ensure that all functions are efficiently performed.
• Managing tax compliance and returns (Company, VAT etc).
• Ensure timely reporting to all tax bureaus and get approval from tax bureaus when required
• Research and implement methods to minimize tax burden for the school
• Maintain good relationship with tax authorities
• Help to recruit, hire, train and develop finance staff working at the school
• Work with senior management to provide a JD to all finance staff
• Provide all account staff with appraisals as per school policy
• Supervise the work of accounting personnel and to provide them sufficient instruction and support.
• Maintain/renew all school licenses as requested;
• To oversee the legal aspects of the school, including employment contracts, licenses and any other legal matters that arise.
• Cash balance weekly.
• Budget vs. Real vs. projected end of year- monthly
• Report to the academic management of the school on the consumption of the resource budget monthly
§ Continual development through the identification and implementation of your own Personal Development Plan
§ Promote and adhere to the Company Vision and Values:
§ Opportunity - For us, opportunities need to be meaningful, about achieving potential and making
§ Impact - For us, impact is about making a difference. It needs to be immediate, positive and lasting.
§ Leadership - For us, leadership is about considering the team’s needs as well as your own, setting
inspiring examples, being supportive and showing real accountability and responsibility.
§ Respect - For us, respect is about listening, being inclusive, showing tolerance and getting the little
All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to
invest in staff as the key resource in the organisation
Each individual must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities and Company policies with regard
to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation
Any other appropriate duties as allocated by the Chief Executive Officer
• Degree in accounting;
• Accountant qualification certificate
• CPA, ACCA certificate is a preferred
Experience / Knowledge
• Over 5 years relevant experience in finance and accounting, at least 2 years in supervisor role;
• Good skill of excel and working knowledge of finance system, SAP or ERP
• Excellent communication and high level of English both written and oral is an essential requirement;
• Hardworking, quick learning with good time management capability
• Good communication skills and problem solving skills
• Good Leadership skills, experience with people management
• Willing to take challenge jobs, and can work under pressure
• High levels of personal integrity.
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
• Willingness to take on multiple tasks
• Proactive and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Ability to work independently
• Continually strive for improvement