- Reviews work performed by staff/intermediate accountants.
- Executes, with limited assistance, the daily procedures for their accounting areas or entities, including communications with the different lines of business, reviewing daily transactions, identifying accounting changes, coordinating with other accounting teams, JVs and affiliates, or outsourced accounting firms, and ensuring timeliness of deliverables.
- Liaises with various departments to obtain accounting transaction support.
- Analytically reviews accounting transaction support for issues.
- Performs detailed transaction analyses to calculate journal entry amounts.
- Records/reviews monthly journal entries based on US & local GAAP.
- Ensures accounting transactions are recorded to the proper chart of accounts (i.e. legal entities, accounts, departments, currencies, etc).
- Prepares/reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identifies and resolves reconciling items.
- Prepares/reviews monthly account variance analyses.
- Applies accounting judgment when calculating journal entry amounts, using the chart of accounts, identifying reconciliation items, reviewing contracts, and performing account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Assists in the identification, research and resolution of operational issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody's policies and identify accounting implications; provides feedback to legal or other departments.
- Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits and fields related questions.
- Prepares additional account analysis for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests.
- Prepares/reviews reports for external statutory and regulatory reporting.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Understands US & local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by your manager.
The Local accountant has overall responsibility for the financial activities in their respective entities.
The financial activities covered by the local accountant are:
- Financial reporting and analysis for entities in Shenzhen, Beijing and Shanghai (US and local GAAP)
- Internal controls
- Accounting operations: Billing and Accounts receivables
- Accounting entries (General ledger)
- Financial and Tax filings
- Annual financial statements and statutory audit
- Cash flow forecasts
- Must have a bachelor's degree.
- Relevant accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent part qualified/qualified is preferable.
- Additional relevant language preferable.
- Intermediate knowledge of local reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.