Assistant Finance Manager of Pharm R&D - Career Day
- The Janssen China R&D (JCRD) Assistant Finance Manager will support JCRD and JCRD Finance, to provide accurate and timely financial information and insights. The end-to-end processes of month-end closing, planning/forecasting & reporting, project valuations and advising our business partners are key elements for this position.
- Being part of the JCRD Finance Team puts you in a unique position, to developed new finance skills, learn about diseases and chemical/biological compounds, and support building the future portfolio of our commercial organization, providing patient access to important drugs.
- Assist Finance Manager on all finance aspects of JCRD. Close interaction with local & global Finance team is also required.
- Prepares financial planning/forecasting, analyses & management reporting and provides financial advisory support to JCRD stakeholders, to create full transparency of information in support of optimal business decisions.
- Plays a strong role in the development, execution and follow-up actions related the Business Plan (Budget) and financial forecasts (Updates), as well as the long-range financial plan and other forecast and analysis activities.
- Partners with various local and global stakeholders on R&D project valuations and project portfolio optimization decisions.
- Performs and manages month-end processes and reporting for global finance, regional finance and the business stakeholders. Note: the financial services centers and COEs in Shanghai, Suzhou and Manilla are leveraged for all processing of transactional work and tax/statutory activities.
- Handling of Intellectual Property cross-billing processes between China R&D and Global R&D centers.
- Manage intercompany charge-in/out in line with J&J policies and practices.
- A champion of continuous improvement, finding innovative ways to improve processes, use of our IT tools and support to our stakeholders.
- Builds bridges between finance and the functions we support, in terms of working relationship and continuous two-way education.
- Must have strong financial analysis skills (around 3-5 years)
- The position requires knowledge of a wide range of financial aspects and processes
- The ideal candidate needs to be a strong team player, with a broad interested and drive to participate in various non-financial discussions, projects and actions.
- It is expected for the candidate to have a basic knowledge of GAAP (China/US) and SOX related requirements.
- Accurate, with an ability to handle large amounts of data
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with various stakeholders
- English: Business level
- Finance degree/certification, preferably with ACCA，CPA, and/or MBA
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry