China ICG Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Risk Management
- Primary Location: China,Shanghai,Shanghai
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17049645
- Understand and maintain awareness of applicable AML laws and regulations, including local law, international standards, and industry leading practices; understand their respective product/functional areas and the impact of applicable AML requirements;
- Ensure Citi's adherence to applicable AML laws and regulations in China with the development and implementation of a business-specific Global/Regional/Country AML Program;
- Establish China ICG related AML program/policies/standards, and develop when necessary other documentation.
- Keep abreast of new trends and developments in the field of AML, as well as of legal/regulatory changes;
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the Citi AML Policy, and the various Global AML Directives in the relevant Citi ICG business in China;
- Assure that AML compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed, monitored, controlled and reported;
- Assist the respective ICG businesses to develop effective AML programs, including programs to provide AML training to appropriate personnel within the business;
- Collaborate closely with Technology and Operations on the implementation and management of effective policies and processes for the performance of KYC and AML monitoring, as well as the production of relevant AML metrics;
- Participate meaningfully in regional/country AML initiatives to enhance and/or improve AML controls in the ICG and/or across China Citi businesses, as applicable;
- Identify, investigate and escalate AML issues, red flags and policy exceptions, as necessary, and assuring that senior management is fully informed of significant AML issues on a timely basis;
- Support business in new or change of product risk assessment to ensure the potential risks are fully addressed and mitigated;
- Lead the enterprise wide risk assessment annually under guidance from regional and global across the business lines, to identify the weakness of AML program and improve the controls process to mitigate the risks identified;
- Carry out BAU activities as well as ICG Projects driven by Region/Global and/or by Country. Examples of BAU activities include but not limited to policy advisement on KYC/CDD, regulatory reporting, AML name screening, and etc.
- Provide oversight/governance of effective AML works through Manager Risk Assessment (MCA) and Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP).
- Coordinate and manage the regulatory inspection, internal audits and compliance testing where necessary
- Lead and manage ICG AML team, provide necessary guidance and coaching for staff development.
- Interact proactively with local regulator and maintain profession relationship.
- Assist country AMLCO with other tasks assigned where necessary.
- Have a good understanding of applicable AML laws, regulations and policies.
- Ability to interface and partner with Compliance/AML/Control/Technology/Operations and Business across countries
- Experience in confronting with local regulator
- Ability to multi-task and execute tasks with a sense of urgency and with the ultimate goal of delivering tasks on time
- Independent and works with minimum supervision
- Proactive execution of priorities and goals
- Ability to work under pressure
- University Degree
- Minimum 15 years in the financial services industry
- Minimum 12 years in Compliance and/or AML Compliance and/or audit, risk management
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skill in both English and Mandarin
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams, management and front line associates
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good analytical, process management and implementation skills